May 11, 2011

Banana Mania

So I will let you know a lil secret:) I'm not much of a cook but I love baking. So for the past few weeks I have been baking like crazy. When I was younger my grandma Nita taught me all the family recipes and her desserts were always wanting you coming back for more. The good side was they were all amazing but she used crazy amounts of butter (still delicious but super fattening). Anyway I decided to make her famous Banana Bread.



She would make several of these for the holidays and hand them out to family, neighbors, and friends. If you would like to try it out here is the recipe.

Nita's Banana Bread

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (room temp.)

2 eggs

3 bananas (semi old aka sorta mushy)

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a bread pan and dust with flour. Tap out excess. In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, butter, eggs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together. Then add the bananas and mix. Put in the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until its done.

One thing to keep in mind is the mix will be thick until the bananas are added.

No comments:

Post a Comment