September 7, 2011

Bling

A few days ago I made these super simple rings and thought I would share the tutorial:)




You will need


Clear glass gems
Silver leaf/Gold leaf (flakes or sheets)
Ring with a pad (I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby)
Decorative paper or fabric
Crazy Glue brush-on
Hot Glue gun/glue
Mod Podge dimensional magic or Mod Podge (optional)
Scissors



First cut out any shape/images you would like to show through the ring. Then put a thin layer of crazy glue on the back of the gem and place the image you previously cut face down.



Once the image has dried start gluing pieces of silver and or gold leaf to the back of the clear gem with the crazy glue. Once dry cut out a circle piece of paper/fabric to cover the entire back and glue it down.



I opted to add Mod Podge dimensional glue to the paper so its protected from water and wear but this option can be skipped. Once dry glue the ring base to the back using a hot glue gun....



and Tada you have a new ring or four :)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea! I think I have some of those glass stones. I'm gonna have to give this a try! I'm thinking glitter might look cool on the back too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked the tutorial and glitter on the back would be awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so super cute! great tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete